JOHNSON FIELD AT OLF BAILEY STADIUM
Johnson Field was named for Walter A. Johnson, who came to Presbyterian College in 1915 when he was 22 and served as coach and athletic director for 43 years.
President John McSween dedicated Bailey Stadium at the opening home football game of the 1928 season. The 3,000 seat facility, which is now used as the home site by the Blue Hose men’s and women’s lacrosse teams, resulted mainly from a $10,000 gift from W.J. Bailey, Clinton banker and industrialist, as a memorial to his son William Cyrus Bailey, 1908. The Bailey Foundation provided for the renovation of the track and stadium in 1986. The facility served as the home field for the Blue Hose football program from its opening prior to the 1928 season until the first two games of the 2002 season. During that time, the Blue Hose compiled a record of 185-109-8, good for a .626 winning percentage.