Coach Anderson is in her 16th year as the Elon University women’s tennis head coach and has led the Phoenix to 212 career team victories. She was the 2016 Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Coach of the Year, a recognition bestowed upon her by her fellow league coaches. In 2014, Anderson led the Phoenix to their first NCAA Tournament appearance along with a Southern Conference Tournament title.
A career by the numbers:
• 13 consecutive years with winning records, with 7 seasons posting strong 15+ wins each
• 1 league player of the year award winner
• 3 conference freshmen of the year awards
• 30 conference tournament MVP, league player of the week and league player of the month award winners
• 53 all-conference player awards
• 35 student-athletes have earned academic all-league honors and every team has won the ITA Team Academic Award since 2006
• 1 ITA National Team Sportsmanship Award, 4 ITA Arthur Ashe Sportsmanship & Leadership Awards and 3 Cissie Leary Award for Sportsmanship
Anderson’s success can be attributed to her ability to develop players – athletically, academically and personally – and encourage them to believe in their ability to achieve more than they thought possible.
Prior to coming to Elon, Anderson was an Assistant Coach at Auburn, UNC Chapel Hill, and the University of Idaho and taught tennis at several clubs throughout the Carolinas.
She earned a Master’s in physical education with an emphasis in sports psychology at the University of Idaho. She graduated from UNCW and played primarily #1 singles for the team. Anderson is also a member of the Professional Tennis Registry (PTR).