Camp ExperienceThe staff of the Elon Tennis Academy understands the importance of creating a learning environment that makes each camper’s experience at camp fun, safe and exciting. The camp is held at Elon University’s beautiful Jimmy Powell Tennis Center, which has 12 lighted courts and stadium seating.
Camp OptionsThe camp is open to both boys and girls ages 6 to 18 at any skill level. There are several ways to experience the camp:
- Residents campers are ages 10 - 18 and will take part in a full day’s worth of activities. Residents will receive all meals starting with dinner on the first day and ending with breakfast on the last day. Campers will stay at Best Western Plus located at 770 Huffman Mill Road in Burlington, which is roughly 3 miles from campus; they will be fully supervised and transported by camp staff. The facility is a AAA-3 Diamond hotel with a 4.5/5 star rating on TripAdvisor.
- Day campers should plan on being dropped off and picked up at the tennis center. Lunch will be provided. Campers should be picked up at 4:30pm.
- Half-day campers are for younger tennis players ages 6-8; their day will begin at 8:30am and will be picked up by 11:30am. A light snack (no meals) is provided to half-day campers.
InstructionCampers will receive both on-court and classroom instruction throughout the camp to maximize their learning experience. On-court instruction will include:
- Stroke production
- Drills emphasizing depth, placement, consistency and spin/angles
- Conditioning working on speed, agility, explosiveness, and flexibility
The on-court instruction and classroom sessions are put into practice each day through match and team play.
Sunday Check-InResident campers should check-in at the Best Western Plus beginning at 1:15pm while day campers should check-in at the tennis center beginning at 2:15pm. Sunday afternoon will cover a camp orientation, evaluation and playing tennis.
Daily Schedule (Sample)A typical day at camp be full of learning and fun:
|7:30 – 8:15am||Breakfast (for overnight campers)|
|8:30 – 11:30am||Tennis instruction and drills|
|11:45 – 12:45pm      ||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:00pm||Classroom instruction and/or recreational activities|
|2:00 – 4:30pm||Tennis instruction, drills and match play|
|4:30pm||Day camper pickup|
|5:00 – 7:00pm||Dinner and free time|
|7:00 – 10:00pm||Team play and/or recreational activities|
Evening ActivitiesThe camp will have various organized evening activities each evening to encourage campers to get to know one another and enjoy a break from tennis. Some of the planned events will be a movie night and swim night. As with all of the other activities on the schedule, evening activities will be closely supervised by camp staff. Wednesday night will be team tennis for all resident and full-day campers.
Awards Closing CeremonyAll parents are invited to attend the awards presentation at 11:30am on the last day. The camp will conclude after the ceremony.
|Resident Camper:   ||$600|
Early bird discount: Submit your registration prior to May 1st and receive $25 off! Use the EARLYBIRD discount code.
Attention middle and high school teams: A reduction of $25 per camper will be granted to middle and high school teams of 2 or more staying overnight, and $50 for teams of 4 or more with verification from the team coach. These discounts can only be given with a mail-in registration.
Of your camp payment, $100 is considered a non-refundable deposit that holds your camper’s spot in the camp; after June 1st, no refunds will be granted. If your child is dismissed from camp for disciplinary reasons, there will be no refund.
There is an additional fee to apply online; to avoid this fee, submit payment with a mail-in registration.
Airport TransportationTransportation to and from the Greensboro (GSO) airport can be provided for a fee of $50. You must reserve and coordinate the times with Coach Anderson at least two weeks prior to camp starting.
Camp ExtrasWould you like to have a supply of Gatorades and tasty treats delivered to your camper at check-in? Add any of the Camp Extras to your mail-in or web registration and surprise your camper with goodies that will fuel his or her week! Camp Extras are only available when pre-ordered and are distributed on the first day of camp at check-in.
- Video Analysis: Coaches use video analysis of each player’s game to reinforce techniques taught throughout camp. This is ideal for southern or nationally ranked players - Reserve this early as there is only very limited availability - $95
- Phoenix Package: 15 Gatorades (assorted flavors), 8 Kind / Cliff Bars (assorted flavors) and 6 Clif Shots Energy Gel (assorted flavors) - $35
- Gold Package: 12 Gatorades (assorted flavors), 6 Kind / Cliff Bars (assorted flavors) and 3 Clif Shots Energy Gel (assorted flavors) - $25
- Maroon Package: 8 Gatorades (assorted flavors) and 4 Kind / Cliff Bars (assorted flavors) - $15
- Frogg Togg Chilly Pad - $15
Medical Release / Waiver FormPlease download and submit the medical release / waiver form from the camp website. Your registration will not be considered complete with it. Neither the Elon Women's Tennis Camp nor Elon University is responsible for any expenses if an injury were to happen during the camp experience.
NCAA Fine PrintNCAA Fine Print The following NCAA regulations apply to this sports camp:
- Bylaw 18.104.22.168 Senior prospects may attend. Elon may not offer free or reduced-admission privileges to a high school (ninth grade and above) letter winner.
- A representative of Elon’s interests (booster) may not pay a prospect’s expenses to attend camp.